You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site or the Services.
2. Additional Terms
Your use of certain Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions (“Additional Terms”). Where Additional Terms apply to a Service, we will make them available for you to read through your use of that Service. By using such Services, you agree to the Additional Terms.
3. Password and Account Security
You may create your own account on the Site by completing the online registration process on the Site. In doing so, you must provide us with accurate and complete registration information, and update it if this information changes. Following registration, we will create an account for you and assign you, or allow you to select, a password. You must keep your password confidential. You will be responsible for all use of your password, including, without limitation, any use by any unauthorized third party. You must notify us immediately if you believe your password may be used by any unauthorized person or entity. For security purposes, we recommend you change your password often. Under no circumstance should you respond to a request for your password. Our employees will never ask for your password. You must notify us immediately if you receive such a request. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Site if we believe that your password is being used without permission or otherwise in a manner that may disrupt the Site.
4. Use of the Site and Services
You are responsible for your use of the Site and Services, and for any use of the Site or Services made using your account. At New Issues Magazine, our goal is to create a positive and safe community experience. To promote this goal, we prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to other users or to New Issues Magazine. When you use the Site or Services, you may not:
• violate any law or regulation;
• violate or infringe other people’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other legal rights;
• transmit anything that is illegal, abusive, harassing, harmful to reputation, pornographic, indecent, profane, obscene, hateful, racist, or otherwise objectionable;
• send unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or commercial communications, such as spam;
• transmit any malicious or unsolicited software;
• stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
• impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with someone else;
• use any means to “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any Web pages contained in the Site (although New Issues Magazine may allow operators of public search engines to use spiders to index materials from the Site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, and New Issues Magazine reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases);
• use automated methods to use the Site or Services in a manner that sends more requests to the New Issues Magazine servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional Web browser; or
• interfere with or disrupt the Site or Services.
5. User Content
You own all content and information you post or share using the Site or Services (referred to as “User Content”), such as posting comments, photos and profile information. You give New Issues Magazine permission to use your User Content as follows: you grant to New Issues Magazine and its affiliates a license to use, copy, display and perform your User Content in connection with the Site and Services. We may display advertisements in connection with your User Content or on pages where your User Content may be viewed by you or others and we may use your User Content to advertise and promote New Issues Magazine, the Site or the Services. Our license to your User Content is non-exclusive, meaning you may use the User Content for your own purposes or let others use your User Content for their purposes. Our license to your User Content is fully-paid and royalty free, meaning we do not owe you anything else in connection with our use of your User Content. We may exercise our rights anywhere in the world. Finally, our license is perpetual, meaning that our license lasts for an indefinite period of time.
You promise that:
• you own all rights to your User Content or, alternatively, that you have the right to give New Issues Magazine the rights described above;
• you have paid and will pay in full any fees or other payments that may be related to the use of your User Content; and
• your User Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or other legal rights of any third party.
We may refuse to accept or transmit User Content. We may remove User Content from the Site or Services for any reason.
6. Accuracy of Data
We make no claims or promises about the quality, accuracy, or reliability of any content available on or through the Site or Services. New Issues Magazine is not liable for any loss or damage that might arise from your reliance on any content available on or through the Site or Services.
7. Ownership; Republication Permission
Other than User Content, we own or license the content on the Site and Services, including software, text, visual and audio content (“Content”), New Issues Magazine trademarks, trade names, logos, and brand elements (“New Issues Magazine Marks”) and the trademarks, trade names, logos and brand elements of third party goods and services that may be offered on the Site or through the Services (“Third-Party Marks”). The Content, New Issues Magazine Marks and Third-Party Marks are protected under U.S. and international laws. Except pursuant to applicable law, or as expressly provided in the following paragraphs regarding permission to republish excerpts of articles (hereinafter “Republication Permission”), you may not reproduce, publish, republish, display, copy, use, distribute, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any New Issues Magazine Marks, Third-Party Marks, articles or Content from the Site, without obtaining our prior written consent.
You may republish an excerpt of the text of any article appearing on the Site without obtaining our prior written consent, provided that all of the following Republication Permission conditions are met:
• the excerpt must consist of no more than 125 words of any article;
• the excerpt must be republished in the same form as originally published on the Site (i.e., the first 125 or less words of the article), and may not be rearranged, reworded, paraphrased, edited, quoted in piecemeal or otherwise republished out of context or in a manner that changes its meaning;
• you must include a prominent byline attributing the article’s author and indicating that it is published at www.New Issues Magazine (e.g., “Written by John Doe at www.New Issues Magazine“);
• the excerpt must come from an article on the Site that is credited to us or our contributors (i.e., the permission does not apply with respect to articles credited to the Associated Press or other third-party providers);
• You may not republish any article in its entirety on another website.
• you are not in violation of these Terms and have not received a notice from us informing you that you may no longer publish excerpts of our articles pursuant to the Republication Permission.
We reserve the right to (1) revoke our Republication Permission as to all users by posting revised Terms on the Site; (2) to inform you that you may no longer publish excerpts of our articles pursuant to the Republication Permission even though the Republication Permission process remains available to our other users; (3) require you to remove any or all of the excerpts which you republished based upon the Republication Permission; and (4) change or discontinue any or all segments of the Site without notice. Please note that the foregoing permissions expressly exclude the right to republish any photographs, pictures or images taken from the Site. If you would like to request our written consent for any republication that does not meet all of the foregoing requirements, or if you have any questions about our permissions process, please contact us at support@New Issues Magazine.
We always welcome and appreciate your feedback and suggestions about New Issues Magazine. You understand that we cannot necessarily respond to or implement feedback or suggestions, but if we do, you understand and agree that we may use them without compensation to you.
9. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
New Issues Magazine respects the intellectual property rights of others. Upon proper notice, New Issues Magazine will remove User Content or other applicable content that violates copyright law and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512, New Issues Magazine has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with such law. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send New Issues Magazine’s copyright agent (listed below) a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information:
• identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
• identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit New Issues Magazine to locate the material on the Site;
• information reasonably sufficient to permit New Issues Magazine to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
• a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
• a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
• your physical or electronic signature.
12. Changes and Corrections to the Site or Services
New Issues Magazine enhances and updates its Site and Services often. We may change or discontinue the Site or any Services, with or without notice to you. New Issues Magazine reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions (including after an order has been submitted) and to change or update information at any time without prior notice.
We reserve the right not to provide the Site or Services to any user. We also reserve the right to terminate any user’s right to access the Site or Services at any time, in our discretion. If you violate any of these Terms, your permission to use the Site and Services automatically terminates.
14. Disclaimer and Limitations on Our Liability
YOU USE THE SITE AND SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, New Issues Magazine AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, CORPORATE AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS (REFERRED TO COLLECTIVELY AS “AFFILIATES”) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT).
IN PARTICULAR, New Issues Magazine AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY COMMENTS OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES) OR THE CONTENT OF ANY WEB SITES OR RESOURCES LINKED TO THE SITE OR SERVICES. New Issues Magazine AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY: (a) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (b) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES; (c) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SERVERS OR OF ANY PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION; (d) ANY INTERRUPTION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE OR SERVICES; (e) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; OR (f) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, E-MAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THESE TERMS OR IN ANY APPLICABLE ADDITIONAL TERMS, New Issues Magazine AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE RECOMMENDED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED FOR SALE ON OR THROUGH THE New Issues Magazine SITE OR SERVICES OR ANY LINKED WEB SITE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER New Issues Magazine NOR ITS AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent New Issues Magazine may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of New Issues Magazine’s liability will be the minimum permitted under such law.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless New Issues Magazine and its Affiliates from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses, fees of any kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and legal costs), arising from or relating to: (a) any information (including your User Content, feedback or any other content) that you or anyone using your account submit, post, or transmit through the Site or Services; (b) the use of the Site or Services by you or anyone using your account; (c) the violation of these Terms by you or anyone using your account; or (d) the violation of any rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights by you or anyone using your account. New Issues Magazine reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. If we do assume the defense of such a matter, you will reasonably cooperate with New Issues Magazine in such defense.
16. Other Provisions
Under no circumstances will New Issues Magazine be held liable for any delay or failure in performance due in whole or in part to any acts of nature or other causes beyond its reasonable control.
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any conflict of laws rules or provisions.
Any controversy, claim, or dispute arising out of or related to these Terms (or the interpretation, performance, or breach of them), the Site or the Services, including but not limited to alleged violations of state or federal statutory or common law rights or duties (a “Dispute”) shall be solely and exclusively resolved according to the procedures set forth in this paragraph. If we are unable to resolve any Dispute through informal means, either party may initiate binding arbitration of such Dispute. The arbitration shall be initiated and conducted according to the JAMS/Endispute Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures in effect as of the date hereof, including the Optional Appeal Procedure provided for in such rules (the “Arbitration Rules”). The arbitration shall be conducted in New York, New York, before a single neutral arbitrator appointed in accordance with the Arbitration Rules. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by these Terms and any of the other agreements, including any applicable Additional Terms. No Disputes may be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the individual Dispute and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO JOIN CLAIMS WITH THOSE OF OTHERS IN THE FORM OF A CLASS ACTION OR SIMILAR PROCEDURAL DEVICE. ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO, OR CONNECTED WITH THESE TERMS MUST BE ASSERTED INDIVIDUALLY. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against any party.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The failure of New Issues Magazine to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not prevent New Issues Magazine from enforcing such right or provision in the future.
We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms, including in connection with a merger, acquisition, a sale of assets or by operation of law.
18. Changes to these Terms
From time to time, we may change these Terms. If we change these Terms, we will inform you by posting the revised Terms on the Site. Those changes will go into effect on the Revision Date shown in the revised Terms. By continuing to use our Site or Services, you agree to the revised Terms. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse shall be to cease using the Site and/or Services.